An Autoresponder is a program that allows the user to send automated, pre-set emails when something or someone triggers an event or response that initiates the email being sent.
Let me give an example through a simple business transaction:
- Customer buys a product online
- Company then sends an automated response thanking and confirming your purchase
- 2 days later customer receives another automated email to see how they are enjoying the product and if they have any questions
- 1 week later customer receives an automated email saying if they subscribe to the company’s newsletter they will be privy to promotions and coupons that the rest of the public won’t have access to
- 1 month later customer receives another automated email asking how their experience has been with the product/service and if they would complete a customer satisfaction survey
I think you get the idea here. Basically, an autoresponder can be set up to respond to any event or response and once that is triggered a set of pre-determined, pre-set emails will be sent out to the end user because of that event being triggered.
Top Uses for Autoresponders
- Deliver an online downloadable product (this can be delivered through a series of emails, depending on the type of product it is)
- Send a “Welcome Email” to someone who subscribes to a blog or newsletter
- Send a notification that someone’s free trial is about to expire
- Send a notification that an auto renewal to a service or subscription is about to renew
- Send a Happy Birthday message
These are just some of the top uses for an autoresponder. There are even more advance uses and strategies you can learn from through AutoResponder Madness.
Best Autoresponder Services
There are many services to choose from when it comes to an email autoresponder. Many of the services provide different benefits than others. Here are some of the best autoresponder service companies on the market today(in no particular order):
The companies above consistently get ranked in the top when compared to their peers. Sure there are more, lots more but those are currently some of the best on the market.
Each of them have their own areas where they stand out above the rest. Depending on your business model, one may be better than the others for a particular need.
Each one of them have an 800 number that can be called to ask direct questions on how they may be able to fit into your business plan. I suggest start with that and read multiple reviews online for each one.
If you have any comments or personal experience about any of the above companies or know first hand of a top rated autoresponder that is not on the list, please leave a comment below. It is greatly appreciated.